Custom Search
HOME ARTICLES ASK AN EXPERT NEWSLETTER LIBRARY BRAINY STORE NEWS   
Ask an Expert
Get answers to questions about Gifted Children now to Dr. Sandhu, Ph.D in Educational
Psychology
(Gifted Education)
University of
Cambridge, UK.

What's Going On In There? How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five Years of Life
- By Lise Eliot, Ph.D

Recommended




~ B R A I N Y - Z I N E ~

" Learn How to Nurture A Smarter Kid "

Volume #3   Issue #18

ISSN: 0219-7642    Jun 10, 2005

Andrew Loh, Publisher

Subscribe now to BrainyZine to stay on top of the latest news on child brain development and early child development

By subscription only! You are receiving this newsletter because you requested a subscription.

>> TABLE OF CONTENTS

  1. Editorial
  2. BrainyZine Sponsor
  3. Feature Articles
  4. Ask an Expert
  5. Brainy Product
  6. Latest Brainy News
  7. Contact Us

>> EDITORIAL

Hi,
For those of you who are facing challenges or having a hard time in your life now, I like to share with you an article "Doing the Remarkable" by Jim Rohn, one of the greatest motivational speaker of all time. Here it goes:

"When it comes to meeting and conquering the negativity in your life, here is a key question: what can you do, starting today, that will make a difference? What can you do during economic chaos? What can you do when everything has gone wrong? What can you do when you've run out of money, when you don't feel well and it's all gone sour? What can you do?

Let me give you the broad answer first. You can do the most remarkable things, no matter what happens. People can do incredible things, unbelievable things, despite the most impossible or disastrous circumstances.

Here is why humans can do remarkable things: because they are remarkable. Humans are different than any other creation. When a dog starts with weeds, he winds up with weeds. And the reason is because he's a dog. But that's not true with human beings. Humans can turn weeds into gardens.

Humans can turn nothing into something, pennies into fortune, and disaster into success. And the reason they can do such remarkable things is because they are remarkable. Try reaching down inside of yourself; you'll come up with some more of those remarkable human gifts. They're there, waiting to be discovered and employed.

With those gifts, you can change anything for yourself that you wish to change. And I challenge you to do that because you can change. If you don't like how something is going for you, change it. If something isn't enough, change it. If something doesn't suit you; change it. If something doesn't please you, change it. You don't ever have to be the same after today. If you don't like your present address change it - you're not a tree!

If there is one thing to get excited about, it's your ability to make yourself do the necessary things, to get a desired result, to turn the negative into success. That's true excitement."

Andrew Loh
Publisher & Editor, BrainyZine
andrew @ brainy-child.com

>> BRAINYZINE SPONSOR

Please Visit Our Sponsor Ad Web Site Below. Thanks to our sponsor for keeping this a free newsletter.

Personalized Children's Books.  Click here!

>> FEATURE ARTICLE

It's Never Too Early for Proper Nutrition
By Dr. Sally Goldberg

>> ASK AN EXPERT

Q:We just had our son's IQ tested for gifted and we received his IQ scores. What would the "normal" scores be for a 10 year old male in 4th grade for:

* Verbal comprehension
* Preceptual Reasoning
* Working Memory
* Processing Speed
* Reading
* Math Spelling

A:See Dr. Sandhu's complete answer on Intelligence Test Scores Classification here!

Q:How does intelligence affect schooling?

A:See also Dr. Sandhu's answer on the Intelligence and Schooling?

>> BRAINY PRODUCTS


 

Set: The Family Game of Visual Perception

Playing Set is like exercising because it uses the brain's left and right hemispheres, kids don't even know they're building their brains!

 

 

 

 


>> LATEST BRAINY NEWS


11 ways to boost your brain power
Daily Mail May 26, 2005

Experts have produced a definitive list of habits, tricks and techniques to improve your brain power.


DHA as a Brain Food
AskDrSears.com

Fats can also influence brain development and performance, especially at either end of life -- growing infants and elderly people. In fact, there are two windows of time in which the brain is especially sensitive to nutrition: the first two years of life for a growing baby and the last couple decades of life for a senior citizen. Both growing and aging brains need nutritious fats.


Kids Talk : Oxygen for brain development
NWANews May 30, 2005

Dr. Phil McGraw, in Family First, writes that one of the most efficient and effective ways for stimulating brain function is breathing.


Experts warn 'kids need more play'
icWales News May 28, 2005

Without play, a child's development could be seriously compromised, leading to problems, or even violent and antisocial behaviour, later in life, they warned.


What Should Moms-To-Be Eat?
CBS News June 7, 2005

While the development of most organs is relatively complete midway through pregnancy, your baby's brain will have its greatest growth spurt during the last trimester. Since protein, calories, and omega-3 fatty acids are particularly crucial to optimal brain development, ensuring an adequate intake of these nutrients becomes even more important in the last months of pregnancy.


Brain-Based Learning : Early nurturing key to development
Bangkok's Independent June 5, 2005

Experts are saying that if children are trained according to the development stages of their brains, they will likely become more intelligent grown-ups. Hence, nurturing should start even while they are still unborn.


Oily fish hope in fight against child autism
Scotsman.com News May 30, 2005

EATING more oily fish could help manage autism in children, according to a study involving Edinburgh's Sick Kids Hospital.


Too Much 'Noise' May Lead to Dyslexia
Fox News June 1, 2005

Problems sorting through competing sounds, letters, and other "noise" may cause the reading problems associated with dyslexia, according to a new study.


>> CONTACT AND SUBSCRIBE INFORMATION

Subscription to this ezine is FREE and please feel free to pass this on to friends, colleagues, relative and see if they would like to be a subscriber as well! They can subscribe by clicking here

To date, fewer than 1% of subscribers have chosen to unsubscribe because I try to send out only useful and relevant information. The publishing schedule for this ezine is published every other Friday (or Monday when things don't work out as planned)

Editorial Contact - General comments/feedback
Andrew Loh - andrew @ brainy-child.com

>> DISCLAIMER

This ezine is 100% Opt-in and all email addresses are private and are not sold or distributed to any third parties. Our full privacy statement can be viewed online.

Disclaimer: This ezine is for informational purposes only. Please consult the appropriate professionals for more information.

Copyright ©2002-2005. www.brainy-child.com All Rights Reserved.

Copyright ©2002-2017 by Brainy-Child.com. Hosted by BlueHost.
Privacy Statement :: Disclaimer :: Bookmark Us :: Contact Us